Top 10 Photos taken in Japan
According to a street survey conducted by TBS (Tokyo housou, Channel 6) the top 10 photos that foreign tourists are taking in Tokyo are:
10. Tsukiji Fish Market and giant maguro (tuna)
9. Kimono (either people wearing them, or in store displays)
8. Japanese street signs (includes funny english signs too)
7. Mt. Fuji (if you can see it on any given day)
6. Vending machines (for the colourful lights and crazy drinks!)
5. Narita Airport (wow, so exciting, an airport!)
4. Shibuya Crossing (This is the epicentre of the city)
3. Asahi Beer Headquarters in Asakusa (it has a giant looking pile of $%!# on top!)
2. Tokyo Imperial Palace (I have lived in Tokyo now for 6 months, haven’t taken 1 photo of this place)
And the winner is….
1. Kaminari-mon (Thunder gate in Asakusa)
Pretty interesting list, for Tokyo. Try living in Okayama for a year. Numbers 1 and 3 are within 150 metres of each other in Asakusa so you can get 20% of it done in one train stop. Nice.
The survey was administered by asking 100 tourists in and around the Tokyo area in the past 2 weeks. The report was on air around 4:55pm Japan local time, March 9th.
What are you taking photos of? I’d like to hear what you think of the list.